General Services Assistant Jobs at Peace Corps,2022.
General Services Assistant Jobs at Peace Corps,2022. | Peace Corps At Dar es salaam(Oyster-bay) is offering a Job opportunity for the post of general Service Assistant. Further Details Are Listed Below.
PERSONAL SERVICES CONTRACTOR (PSC) VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT REF NO : PC 22-02 POSITION : General Services Assistant (GSA) SALARY :Compensation is negotiable within a pre-determined range, based on salary history and experience. Non-cash benefits include medical, retirement and others where applicable. OPENING DATE : March 14, 2022 CLOSING DATE : March 29,2022 (17:00pm Tanzania Time) WORK HOURS: Full -Time / AO hours/per week This is a Personal Service Contract (PSC) position, to be based at Peace Corps’ office in Oyster Bay,
Qualifications and Evaluations:
Applicants must address each qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Minimum of a diploma; more advanced technical training in related field is preferred.
Language – Jobs at peace corps:
- English Level IV (fluent) and Swahili Level IV (fluent) in speaking/reading/writing is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of related technical work experience required. Includes a minimum of basic storage/inventory process. Also could include basic procurement practices, maintenance practices, and knowledge of Tanzanian postal system.
- Experience with an international organization similar to the Peace Corps will be an advantage.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good driving skills; licensed driver with clean driving record; valid Tanzania driver’s license with a minimum of one (1) year experience driving AXA manual transmission vehicles.
- Proficient in software programs including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to work in multi-task environment with limited supervision and as a part of a multi-cultural, multi-national team.
General Services Assistant (GSA) Job Vacancy at Peace Corps
Contract offer is contingent on availability of funds, reference checks, background check, medical examination, submission of proof of required vaccinations or other medical information.
Procedures for Employment Applicants:
Peace Corps Manual Section 611 is applicable to this position. This section prohibits the employment of certain persons previously engaged in intelligence activities or connected with intelligence agencies. If you have ever worked for an intelligence agency, you are NOT eligible for employment at the Peace Corps in any capacity, and you should not apply for employment.
NOTE: Peace Corps reserves the right to withhold an offer of a personal services contract to an individual that is a relative or household member of a current Peace Corps staff member.
Peace Corps reserves the right to not evaluate or to withhold an offer of a personal services contract to an individual that has a history of poor past performance or conduct as a Peace Corps staff member (USDH, PSC, or FSN).
The individual selected will be required to follow any workplace health and/or safety rules indicated for their position – including complying with any medical and/or training requirements specified for their position in accordance with public health and/or occupational health or safety policies.
Peace Corps will not discriminate against an applicant because of that person’s race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (AO or older, except when the applicant is beyond the mandatory retirement age in the country of assignment), disability, or genetic information.
For Further Information:
The complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the POC: Deputy DM0, Sarah Hezron.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and curriculum vita (CV) to the following email address: E-mail Address to send Applications: firstname.lastname@example.org
When emailing please ensure the subject line reads: PC 22-02- your -Name
NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are being considered. Thank you for your understanding.