Surveillance and Public Health Preparedness Supervisor | Jobs at ICAP Mwanza, April 2022.
Surveillance and Public Health Preparedness Supervisor
Jobs at ICAP Mwanza, April 2022.| The surveillance and public health preparedness supervisor will work under direct supervision of the regional manager to improve and ensure public health preparedness through strengthening capacities of institutions, local partners, R/CHMTs and health facilities in the region.
Position Title: Surveillance & Public Health Preparedness Supervisor (1 position) Reports to: Regional Manager Employment Type: Full-time Job Location: Mwanza - Jobs at ICAP Travel: Up to 60% in intervention districts outside of job location
Overall – Jobs at ICAP
Function – Jobs at ICAP:
The surveillance and public health preparedness supervisor will work under direct supervision of the regional manager to improve and ensure public health preparedness through strengthening capacities of institutions, local partners, R/CHMTs and health facilities in the region. Under the technical supervision of the technical officer – surveillance and publichealth preparedness supervisor will support regional staff including surveillance and public
health preparedness officers in ensuring effective implementation of interventions related to HIV recency surveillance and public health preparedness including COVID-19 risk mitigationand COVID-19 vaccination services in both community and facility settings.
Recognizing that a comprehensive approach to infectious diseases is paramount, s/he assists teams to ensure
that HIV services are robust and able to withstand public health emergencies or other health security risks.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide technical assistance on public health preparedness in region, ensuring that
- HIV services are provided to withstand and prevent public health emergencies and
- other health security risks.
- • Participate in stakeholder engagement required for the planning and rollout of HIV
- recency surveillance activities in Mwanza region including but not limited to work
- plan development, training of service providers, activation of sites, conducting
- supportive supervision in collaboration with R/CHMTs and monitoring
- implementation of HIV recency activities
- • Collaborate with R/CHMTs to develop, implement, and monitor regional, district and
- health facility level plans for COVID-19 vaccination
- • Supervise the adherence to COVID 19 risks mitigation measures across all HIV related
- interventions in Mwanza
- • Supervise and support the acceleration of COVID 19 vaccination services across all
- districts, Mwanza region
- • Conduct regular COVID-19 vaccination data review meeting with R/CHMTs and
- support the utilization of available data to scale up vaccination efforts
- • Lead in development of SOPs and job aides to align regional intervention activities
- with COVID-19 risk mitigation guidance and infection, prevention, and control (IPC)
- • Plan and participate in the monitoring and evaluation visits to ensure that all interventions are adhering to IPC standards and able to withstand public health emergencies or other health security risks.
- Lead planning and implementation of emerging strategies for service delivery relevant to the technical areas in both community and facility settings by
- coordinating with relevant stakeholders from donor and GOT, providing technical
- guidance in the development of SOPs and submissions protocols where relevant.
- • Manage timely implementation of all major program activities relevant to the technical areas according to the objectives and deliverables, conducting relevant site visits, supporting regional team activities, and developing reports on programprogress and achievements.
- • Participate in development of work plans and strategies relevant to the technical areas in both community and facility settings to achieve 100% of the annual targets and other related indicators relevant to the portfolio and closely monitor the implementation of work plans.
- • Ensure compliance with national and international standards and best practices for
- program implementation and that all programs are implemented in accordance with national guidelines and policy, protocol/SOPs, good clinical practice, and ethical/regulatory requirements.
- • Contribute to the development of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and slide
- decks to the donor and various stakeholders
- • Conduct frequent supervision and monitoring visits to program sites and regions
- • Collaborate with SI team to translate COVID 19 data outcomes into program
- improvement strategies, and to provide data analysis support to frequently monitor the effectiveness of interventions
- • Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Required Education: Medically trained personnel (MD, MBBS or equivalent) with
- background in public health or Masters’ degree or higher in public health or related
- Required Technical Experience: Minimum 4 years’ work experience in HIV field,
- including demonstrated experience and knowledge in research and global health
- security (GHS)/emergency preparedness strategies and programs as well as HIV
- o Preferred: Research experience an advantage
- Required Managerial Experience: Minimum 2 years’ supervising a multidisciplinary
- team of at least 5 staff in technical areas relevant to this position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with fluency in English required
- Strong computer skills (MS Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint at minimum;
- preferred proficiency with statistical Software such as SAS and SPSS). Ability to provide high quality technical assistance to regional offices.
- Ability to lead and work with a diverse team
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and strong problem-solving
- Flexibility to work after normal working hours and on weekends with significant travel
- outside of duty station.
- Familiarity with Tanzanian context; fluency in Kiswahili preferred
PDF: Surveillance & Public Health Preparedness Supervisor Job at ICAP.
How to Apply for Jobs at ICAP – Mwanza
Follow the Link below to Apply for the Surveillance & Public Health Prepare Mwanza.